Aims and Objectives
- To support and promote all forms of sled-dog sports Australia wide.
- To increase awareness and acceptance of our sports amongst the general, media, business and tourism communities, and across all levels of government.
- To advocate to governments, their agencies, corporate bodies and others on responsible access to areas in which to conduct our sports.
- To provide support to all individuals, groups, breed clubs and sled-dog clubs in the promotion of activities, events and competitions which help the development and growth of our sports within Australia.
- To support the enjoyment and education of sled-dog sports by participants, and to encourage participation by all members of the community.
- To develop and coordinate any state and / or national competition programs.
- To coordinate and protect the common interests of the association, it’s members and affiliates.
- To acquire and distribute information relevant to our sports amongst the association, it’s members and affiliates.
- To promote the education of association members and affiliates on general canine health, welfare and veterinary care.
- To provide for non-discrimination of any dog or team due to breed status.
- To support those individual members who wish to promote and extend the sport internationally.
- To uphold the ASSA Code of Ethics and ASSA Social Code of Conduct.
- To represent the sled-dog activities / sports that are carried out within Australia to the rest of the world.